Friday, August 17, 2007

Rangeley, Maine

8-15-07. from lake mooselookmeguntic, tenting at stony batter point, aprox 14.5 miles down from the putin at rangeley lake.

approx 310 miles, 430 left.

I got a ride from Richford, VT to Rangeley, ME so that I canoe downstream. Dale and Doug brought me this morning. We left Davis Park around 8:30am, ran some quick errands and were off for a road trip through VT, NH and ME.

We saw two moose today. The first was gigantic bull. He was walking back into the woods but turned and looked at us. he still had small and velvetty horns. man, he was large. the second a cow. it took us four hours and by arrival the rain had let up.

thanks guys! and they were off. a few minutes into prep I realized my pack was still in their trunk. oh sh1t I thought to myself. of all things to forget. immediately, 7i began to run from lakside park to main street in hopes i could catch them before driving off.

**totally different subject but did you hear Ron "Jaws" Jaworsky say "....matriculate the ball down the field..." on Monday Night Football (Den v SF preseason)? I did and I still cant believe my ears.

Dale and Dave were getting lunch when I found them. How fortunate that they had not already left town!

finally on the water at 3:45pm. Water had some waves and wind against me as i paddled West through Rangeley Lake. Bald Mountain, at 2443 feet, was my guide as i paddled west. nice campsite at stony batter point.

Happy Trails,
Totally Different Subject

No comments: