Friday, August 3, 2007

Enosburg Falls

good day and how are you?

8-3-07, 7am. 7 miles North of Enosburg Falls, VT. approx 16 miles South of Canadian border, by water.

Yesterday I waited out the heat, this morning I'm waiting out the rain.

The heat was oppressive yesterday. you could feel it coming on early in the morning. So I goofed off in town. I had breakfast at the local diner. they made wonderful sausage gravy and biscuits. A grocery store was on the edge of town, so I did some resupply. It was nice to be in the grocery store with all the air conditioning. A short stop at the library gave me the chance to catch up on internet stuff. I stopped by the Flying Disk for a cup of americano and met the owner Ben. we visited for an hour. He also sells records, cds and video game stuff.

On the other side of the dam (at end of portage) is Lawyers Landing, a privately owned public canoe access provided by the Lawyer family. A great place to stop for the evening.
right now it is thundering and lightning. oh yea, and raining something fierce. My tent is blowing around like the stakes don't mean a thing. The thunder and lightning are loud and close. The show started about the time I woke up. Executive decision- put up rain fly and wait it out. hopefully it wont storm all day because I'd love to be in Canada tonight, and the 16 miles will take some time.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the people and their families involved in the tragic bridge collapse in Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN.

One final thought- my Thermarest Prolite IV has a leaky valve stem. I wake up every couple of hours to reinflate. haha.

ok, one more thought, what in the world is going on with my favorite Four Horsewomen- Paris, Nicole, Britney and Lyndsey? they just need to do something that builds toughness and character, like a long distance hike or paddle. if your a publicist or agent for one of the gals and you are reading, I would be happy to offer my guiding services.

thats all folks!

Happy Trails,
Totally Different Subject

No comments: