Wednesday, October 10, 2007

More from September 29

9-29-07:
So on the morning of September 28th, I unscrewed the valve on my Thermarest Prolite 4 regular length sleeping pad to not much air escaping. Yep, this bad boy still has a hole or valve leak and I still have to reinflate it reglarly and often. I wished I had time to fix the problem on zero days. I always chuckle when unscrewing the valve.

I packed up wet gear and headed up the steep climb towards Spalding Mountain (3990'). It was a climb and at times a scramble over and around slick rocks and roots. Once up the first steep 1000' climb the trail flattened abit until the final 500' climb to a blue blazed summit trail. The weather was also humid today and while on top there was fog and wind.

The views are amazing. And now the entire mountainsides are rich with color.

No comments: