Sunday, November 4, 2007

October 31, 2007

10-31-07. from Clarendon shelter, VT. SOBO mile: 504.4. Miles to go: 390.4. 17.4 miles hiked today.

Nice weather today. Early start - 8:30am. My ankle feels normal. Its Halloween. Its just me in this shelter.

I dried my tent, tyvek ground sheet and pack cover out while lunching at Cooper Lodge (3900'), just below summit of Mt Killington. I do not think the floor of my tent is totally waterproof still. An application of ReviveX is due.

Almonds added to Liptons Parmesan noodles was a good choice. Vermont sharp cheddar helped too. I washed it down with raspberry green tea. Desert a Skor candy bar which I had before dinner. Goldish crackers for hor'doerves. And several sips of Jim Beam. Long sips since I don't have a glass or Dixie cup.

I passed a guy walking his rifle about a mile before camp. He acted like he'd had several adult beverages. I could not make the calibur but it was a bolt action and bigger than a .22, .222 or .223. Maybe he was huntin up supper? I turned and walked on after we traded Greatful Dead bootleg tapes.

Seriously, he asked if I had seen any wildlife. I said yes and explained they were all back where I hiked from. None ahead.

There is supposed to be a cafe .5 miles from VT103, just a one mile hike from here. Tomorrow morning I shall have breakfast there.


Happy Trails,
Totally Different Subject

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TDS, what it do, brother! I see your name here in Austin everywhere. Our trash service is called TDS - Texas Disposal Systems.Everytime I see a trash truck I holler your your name. Seems like you are gettin there my man. Keep it up. Dick wizard AKA Texas franchise boys. Oh jez you probibly didn't see that UT OSU game...We won. What a series of events.

Anonymous said...

Yo TDS!!! whats up brother, Its been great following your adventure from Alabama. Stay safe out there!
HAPPY TRAILS

-Teflon