Sunday, April 1, 2007

Tellico Gap

Tellico Gap, NC. approx 126 miles. On the trail now for 14 days. Weather has been beautiful and warm. Some rain of lately. Attended the Hikers Fool Day party in Franklin at Ron Havens hotel. Many great people in attendance, blue grass music, bbq, free food and shuttles.

No animal sightings to report....well, there seems to be a pack of dogs running together around the Wayah Bald area. Hikers have photographed what might have been thought to be wolves. We drove past 3 of them and if you asked me, well, I thought they were dogs...it was the dog collar that tipped me off.

Physically feeling very well.

Meeting new people and enjoying the hike.

Just a few miles from the Nantahala Outdoor Center near Wesser, NC. Fontana Dam by Tues and then up and up through the Smokies. I look forward to the miles ahead.

The next time I will stop in town will be Hot Springs, NC. Maybe a week or more. Then a stop in Erwin, TN at Ms Janets place before heading into Virginia.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TDS,

The website looks great (nice job, Rob)! It's nice to follow your progress. Let me know if you need anything food-wise, gear-wise or other. Working out the logistics of the ordered carrot cake and jerky. We'll rendevous on a drop spot eventually. Stay healthy (speaking from past experience, might want to consider that water purification...if you know what I mean;)!

Green Bean

Anonymous said...

Jason great pictures and the commentary is great to follow along. Rob, would you come work for me and run my site! Great job! Jason, take and post more pictures. Dad