Sunday, March 18, 2007

First Post: Intentions

Hello all, and welcome to my blog!

While I love living in Portland, I am excited to notify you of my intent to be the first person to thru hike the Appalachian Trail AND thru paddle the Northern Forest Canoe Trail in one season.

You all know about the AT but did you know that last Spring the NFCT was completed? This water trail runs from Old Forge, NY to Fort Kent, ME. It should be a blast. And I am again, very fortunate to attempt this goal.

My hope is that by the time you are reading this, I will have already left Springer Mountain, GA, which is the beginning of the AT. My hope is to complete the AT leg in 5 months or fewer which should not be a problem if I stay out of the vortex, the towns, the Doyle (sorry Pat and Vicky- I love you all!), etc...

Since you're here, you've found my blog -- http://totallydifferentsubject.blogspot.com. I hope to be posting frequent updates about my progress toward this goal, as well as some photos and possibly video.

Take care and I hope to hear from you all soon.

p.s. I am hoping to win the support of an outfitter, specifically for the paddle. I am currently planning a solo but could do the paddle in a shorter timespan with a partner. Please email back with ideas, suggestions, comments, feedback, etc...

Best of luck to all of you, and Happy Trails!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey man -- good luck! You are my personal rock STAR!