Wednesday, September 5, 2007

September 5, 2007

Greetings friends, family, countrymen....

I am typing from Northern Door Inn, a wonderful hotel, in Fort Kent, Maine. I have finished the NFCT paddle!!!!

It felt good to take a long shower last night and an epson salt bath today. I am warmer than I was yesterday during the last 17 mile paddle. I turned my canoe over not 50 feet from the end of the paddle.

Last night I had sirloin tips, baked potato and salad for dinner at the Swamp Buck restaurant. And some beers at Bee Jays. Everyone that I talked to mentioned the two guys here a month ago carrying a canoe. It was Ben and Jessee of the Wisconsin 2.

For updates of the last 9 days, check out my blog, http://www.totallydifferentsubject.blogspot.com/ And if you do, and send this email to 25 of your friends, my tracking software will go straight to Bill Gates and the inventor of the internet, Al Gore, and they will send you a check in the amount of $10 for each person you send to and $5 to each person they send it to. Trust me, it works, I am not an attorney but I did stay at the Northern Door Inn last night. hahahaha.

I hope former Gov. Jesse "The Mind" Ventura decides to run for presidency for our sake because the current candidates are clowns. Sorry Hillary fans.

Looking for ride to Millinocket, Baxter State Park to begin SOBO of AT from Katahdin back to NJ/DWG. I wonder how long it will take to get trail legs and lungs....?

Happy Trails, Best of Luck and Love,
Jason Bivin aka TDS.

6 comments:

Zand Martin said...

Hey Jason!
I was on the West Branch on the 28th and 29th with a group, thinking we might see you, but I guess we just missed you. Anyway- congratulations on your completed thru-paddle! I finished the NFCT in May, and my bowman and I had steaks at the Swamp Buck, beers at Bee Jays, and beds at the Northern Door, just like you. Its a good feeling. Congrats, you earned it man.

cheers,
Zand Martin

ps. my cell number is 860-550-4932, and I'm in Lewiston, ME if you run into trouble when your in western Maine or eastern New Hampshire.

Anonymous said...

Hey I was reading your blog about the trail, and I was suprised that you didn't have any comments on the stretch of Spencer Stream through Whipple Pond. What did you think of that section?

BenStrieter said...

Congratulations, man.
Feels good, doesn't it?
-Ben, of the newly named "Wisconsin 2"

BenStrieter said...

Congratualtions, man.
Feels good, doesn't it?
Good luck back on the Appalachian.

-Ben, of the newly termed "Wisconsin 2"
(we were calling ourselves "Team Pissed, Cold, and Horny," but this will do nicely.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS JASON!

What an accomplishment! Congratulations! It has been fun reading your blogs. It seems like just yesterday you were at our shop in Saranac Lake. I wish you the best of luck in finishing the AT. Hope the Fall weather is good. Good luck with the hiking and have a great winter. If you make it back to SL, then make sure to stop in and we'll have some cool beverages.

Brian

Anonymous said...

Jason,
Congrats from the St. Regis Canoe Outfitters Staff, Brian informed us that you have finished the NFCT!!! If you ever pass back by here, come visit, we would love to hear all of your stories in person and any great pix you might have taken.
Take care,
Martina